- Life and experiences, in my case dating and marriage, cannot be rushed. It is NOT our timing, but His and it always will be. (Even though we are told that again and again, it takes learning the lesson for it to sink it, doesn't it.) I'm not ready for marriage yet, as much as I would love to be, I don't want to miss out on life as a young adult, even as a young single adult. Dating is a great opportunity to meet so many new people, create friendships, and find out for yourself who you are searching for and who YOU are.
- In Ether 12:6 in the Book of Mormon, it says, "... ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." Quoted hundreds of times by many of us, I think we fail to read what is directly before that. "... wherefore, dispute not because ye see not..." Ooops, once again I have been disputing and complaining about what has been going on in my life. Being a whiner, downer, and pouter. But, if I had just let the Lord guide me, letting my trust be put in Him, I would have seen much sooner, and gone through less heartache that the end result is and must be more glorious than I can even imagine.
- Life is about learning to dance in the rain while waiting for the sun to come out. Yes, life sucks. We all know we will experience huge roller coaster rides, bumps, pits, and altogether stops. But hey, enjoy the bump. Scream as you ride that roller coaster. Put your arms up and feel the wind on your face. We can't plan every little detail or event in our life, but we can definitely learn how to live in the moment. This builds character, faith, trust, happiness, and joy. How? Because it gives us a chance to become one with our Savior and our Heavenly Father. And therein lies the rainbow, the sun, and the pot of gold. The Atonement covers those pits, bumps, stops, and downs. The dark allows us to use the enabling power of the Atonement, take Christ's hand, and let HIM lead us through. He knows where He is going. Choose to take His hand and hold on. It'll be a much smoother ride.
- Forget yourself for a second. Serve others. Get to the temple, it's a perfect time. There are people waiting for YOU to be an answer to THEIR prayers. Yes, it is ok to take a moment for yourself, we all need it. But in the end, we all know that serving others will take the load off of us and off of those we are serving. Cool, right? Break those chains that you have put on yourself, and go help someone else. I promise, you'll feel great.
- Speaking of prayers, have you been on your knees lately? I have failed monumentally at this. Prayer, the act of communicating with God. Not to God, but WITH God. Talk to Him, let Him know all that is in your heart. And then LISTEN. He hears. On my mission, I remember praying one morning, and as I was on my knees, I had this amazing feeling and thought that even though thousands of other people and missionaries were praying, Heavenly Father hears my prayer. My prayer. Me, Carlie Stewart, 19 years old, and struggling to serve Him. But He heard. I testify He hears, even when we don't feel worthy of it. Get on your knees.
- When you get on your feet from your heart felt prayer, go to work. Study the scriptures, attend the temple, serve others. This is where those actions take part in our life. Seek out the Spirit. Trust His will. We must be moving in a direction, and even if it is not exactly the right direction, God will help us change our course if we rely on Him and are doing what He has asked us too. He will not forget or forsake us.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Angels Round About You
You'd think it'd be easier getting answers and choosing what you should be doing in life, especially being a returned missionary and all. But, in fact, it is harder when surrounded by uncertainty, doubt, and worldly desires. Unfortunately, I am guilty of letting those things in the way when trying to do and listen to the will of Heavenly Father. But as I finally humbled myself and knelt down to talk to Him and then acted by studying and looking for His words, I came upon several different things that I have been missing altogether.