Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Miracle of Love

One of my favorite songs lately is Softly and Tenderly by Daniel Beck. It's a beautiful song that expresses the way that our Savior calls for us to come unto Him. While I thought about that, it occurred to me that I also need to softly and tenderly invite the people of California unto Christ. I am representing Christ; I have been trusted enough to go and feed His sheep. What an incredible blessing and privilege. What a beautiful way to spend 18 months. I've wondered how exactly I can go about inviting others in a tender and soft manner. But I guess I always knew the answer. I must follow Christ's example in all things. I must love them. I think love is the biggest key. It is, after all, the first great commandment. "If you love me, feed my sheep." My heart yearns to serve Him. I've felt His love and His peace in my life countless times. It is my turn to offer these same gifts of love, peace, comfort, happiness, and mercy to His sheep. I am humbled by this opportunity and the great trust and love my Savior must have for me to let me take such a great responsibility into my life. I've really started to grasp the concept and great importance of LOVE. "Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." I will teach of His love, I will share His love, and I will love those I serve and those I serve with. This work is hastening and I feel extremely blessed to be apart of this great work. I know that Christ lives. I know that He loves us. I know that He invites ALL to come unto Him. He has provided the way and I will let everyone know that they are loved and welcome into the arms of Christ. May you feel the love of our Savior in your lives. Never forget that His arms are always open. He is calling for you, softly and tenderly. He wants you home. Go now. He loves you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment